Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My neighborhood Hara-machi, Suita city

Today I will introduce my Neighborhood which is Haramachi, Suita city in Osaka. It locates in upper Osaka where we can go to Osaka city in about 10 minutes by train. JR Suita station is about 20 minutes' walk from my apartment. Eventhough it's rural place I don't care because it's not that difficult to access to the city. However, seriously around my neighborhood there are not much to share because where I live is just an area full of houses and apartments. 
Although what I like about my neighborhood is this small bamboo jungle. I like livinig in this apartment because I  can relax a lot by looking at these trees and hearing the birds except summer. When the summer comes, thousands of cicadas are singing all the time which makes me dislike these bamboo trees.
This is the nearest place to have dinner, Yakiniku (焼肉) which is 5 minute's walk from my home. It's one of the popular restaurant around in my neighborhood. I haven't tried Yakiniku here but people are always waiting outside so it MUST taste good. There is a convenient store across this restaurant.
This is what it looks like near my apartment. As you can see, there is nothing but houses. It is really dark in the night but no one strange here. Hara-machi is a peaceful town. Before I finish up my post I would like to share something. In Japan we have a system of delivering supermarket to apartments. At a certain time on Wednesday evening, here comes a truck of groceries. People who have no time to go shopping or people who are busy taking care of their child use this delivering supermarket. After they have divided their groceries those people are chatting forever. Maybe about 10 people staying at the hall of the apartment for 4 or 5 hours chatting all the time with loud voices. I'm sure this is not happening only at my apartment but it's common in Japan. End of my blog for this week.


1 comment:

  1. I have been to Suita a few times and have always enjoyed it - it seems very progressive. I would to learn more about your neighborhood. What kind of people live there? Observing the delivery groceries (Co-op?) would be an interesting research method. I used such a method in the past, but now find Aeon shopping and other internet methods more convenient. Why haven't you tried the yaki-niku restaurant?

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.